Don't miss our holiday offer - 20% OFF!
How do I get Get Google Voice?
Google voice – A telephone and text message service for your mobile device and PC
In a world where cloud-based systems have been normalized, google voice has proven to be one of the best. It offers an amazing slate of services at very affordable prices. Google Voice allows you to take your office or home phone with you anywhere you go.
It’s a free internet mobile service that enables you to connect all your cellular services and make calls to different devices at a time. For instance, if you own a landline, a business phone, and a personal phone, rather than bouncing between three numbers, with google voice, you can give out just one number. So when someone calls you, you’ll get notified on all three devices. You can also decide to use google voice on your PC to make and receive calls.
To use any of the google voice features, you will need to have a google account first. You will also need to own an existing U.S based landline or mobile phone number. For anyone who has too many numbers to manage, Google voice is a great app that can help to merge more than one communication channel.
The google voice app is also a great app for regular travelers who are compelled to bounce between devices.
Perhaps you find yourself changing numbers or paying a fortune for International calls, google voice can ease the stress off you.
How to activate Google Voice:
Setting up the google voice on your mobile device or computer is pretty simple. It has a simple user interface that works just like your normal phone app. Although this has a lot more flexibility than most apps.
Once it’s connected, you can send and receive messages using wifi or cellular data. However, there are a few restrictions.
If you’re sending texts to anyone in Canada or the U.S, they are free. But once it’s outside any of this region, then you’ll have to have a wifi or data connection on. Otherwise, your phone company may charge ..
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Download and install
the Google Voice app on your Windows 10,8,7 or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Google Voice on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search “Google Voice”
- The search will reveal the Google Voice app icon. Open, then click “Install”.
- Once Google Voice is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the “All apps” icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Google Voice.
- Now enjoy Google Voice on PC.
- Using Google Voice on Mac OS:
Install Google Voice on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
How to download and use Google Voice App on Windows 11
To get Google Voice on Windows 11, check if there’s a native Google Voice Windows app here » ». If none, follow the steps below:
- Download the Amazon-Appstore » (U.S only)
- Click on “Get” to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- For non-U.S users, Download the OpenPC software »
- Upon installation, open OpenPC app » goto Playstore on PC » click Configure_Download. This will auto-download Google Play Store on your Windows 11.
- Installing Google Voice:
- Login to your computer’s PlayStore or Amazon AppStore.
- Search for “Google Voice” » Click “Install” to install Google Voice
- Google Voice will now be available on your windows start-menu.
8GB RAMSSD StorageProcessor:
Intel Core i3,
AMD Ryzen 3000Architecture:
x64 or ARM64
16GB RAMHDD Storage
Google Voice functions
- – Provides a phone number for calling, text messaging, and voicemail
- – Works on smartphones and computers and syncs across devices
- – Personalized settings for managing calls, text messages, and voicemail
- – Advanced voicemail transcriptions that can be read in the app or sent to email
- – Offers spam filtering and the ability to block unwanted numbers
- – Calls, text messages, and voicemails are stored and backed up for easy searching
- – Allows users to send and receive individual and group SMS messages from all devices
- – Offers competitive rates for international calling without paying extra for international minutes with mobile carrier
- – Currently only available in the US for personal Google Accounts and select markets for Google Workspace accounts. Text messaging is not supported in all markets.
Pros of Google voice:
- Google voice comes directly to your mobile device and computer
- You can receive and send texts and emails through your google voice number
- Google voice emails transcript of voicemails to you without having to keep all the recorded voicemails
- Voicemail transcripts are sometimes not as accurate as should be and not all voicemails can be transcripts.